A leader in the Southern California multifamily market, The Ron Harris Group has
personified excellence over the past 24 years. With long lasting relationships with
both institutional and private clients, The Ron Harris Group provides unparalleled
experience, professionalism, and reliability. This track record combined with the Team’s
cutting edge marketing strategies has led to over $5 billion in multifamily sales
in Southern California.
Team Members Bio
Ronald Z. Harris
Contact Ronald Z. Harris
- Executive Vice President Investments
- Since 1988, Ron Harris and his team have served in an advisory role in the disposition and acquisition of multifamily properties in Southern California. The crux of the team's focus has been on mid-large size assets (100+ units) throughout Los Angeles County. Evolving through the lender-dominated marketplace of the 1990s, in which Ron personally listed and sold 200 multifamily properties on behalf of financial institutions, the team currently concentrates both on institutional and private party transactions. Having closed over $5 billion in multifamily sales in his career, Ron and his team have represented many of the REITs, pension funds, developers, and major private parties who are active in the multifamily investment market in Southern California.
Contact Joseph Smolen
- Joseph Smolen joined Ronald Harris at Institutional Property Advisors in 2003 and since that time has focused on the analysis, research and marketing of mid-sized and larger (100+ units) apartment transactions with an emphasis on Southern California. During his time with Institutional Property Advisors, Joseph has worked closely with a wide variety of institutional clients: REITs, pension funds, and developers. As a result, Joseph has closed approximately $2.5 billion in multi-family sales in his time at Institutional Property Advisors. Prior to joining Institutional Property Advisors, Joseph worked for an international law firm in Beijing, China, and wrote a book on media and entertainment Law in China. Prior to that he attended Harvard University from 1998-2002. Aside from brokerage, he is involved in purchasing and repositioning value-added shopping centers throughout the United States.
Contact Paul Darrow
- Associate Director
- Paul Darrow joined Marcus & Millichap in 2005 and has concentrated on both multi-family
buildings and development sites in Southern California. Prior to joining Marcus
& Millichap, Paul worked for Bovis Lend Lease, a real estate consulting firm that
provided project management services to many of the nation’s largest real estate
owners including The Related Companies, Lennar, The Fifield Companies, and The Trump
Organization. Before that he attended the University of Florida. Paul is actively
involved in Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles and is a LEED certified
Contact Marci Rosen
- Marketing Coordinator
- Before joining The Ron Harris Group in November, 2003, Marci Rosen acquired many
years of experience in mortgage and financial sales. As a Marketing Coordinator
for the past seven years, Marci has been responsible for the preparation of marketing
materials, tracking buyer activity, maintaining databases, and providing clients
with the necessary marketing materials.
Contact Ileana Camarena
- Marketing Coordinator
- Ileana has been a Marketing Coordinator for The Ron Harris Group for the past six
years. During this time, Ileana has been responsible for preparing marketing materials
and tracking buyer activity. Additionally, she is the lead designer for the team.
Contact Benjamin Smolen
- Financial Analyst
- Benjamin Smolen joined The Ron Harris Group at Marcus & Millichap in June, 2010.
Since that time he has focused on the analysis, research, and marketing of apartment
transactions in Southern California. Prior to joining Marcus & Millichap, Benjamin
attended Wesleyan University, graduating in the spring of 2010.
Contact Heather Gentile
- Research Analyst
- Heather Gentile is a research analyst for The Ron Harris Group of Institutional Property Advisors. Ms. Gentile conducts market research, assists in the development and design of marketing collateral, and spearheads database management on behalf of the team. Ms. Gentile also oversees the tracking and distribution of marketing materials on assignments executed by The Ron Harris Group. Ms. Gentile received a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from The Art
Institute of Chicago.